Tuesday 17 November 2020

Tip, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Wishes and Wonder

 Today is all about making things pop! My card for today uses the Wishes and wonder stamps and their coordinating dies. But for me the star of the show is the background.

Now I love texture and using embossing folders is a great way to achieve it. But sometimes the folder is sooooo gorgeous you just want to bring it to the forefront! And that is where my tip for today comes into play.

I embossed my background cardstock using the fabulous Evergreen Forest 3D embossing folder from Stampin Up. 

This folder as you can see above is both detailed and subtle all at the same time!!

So how can to make it pop? Well I used a simple trick using an ink pad. I gently dragged the ink pad directly over the top of the embossed area! Now this might take a bit of practice as pressure is the key here. You don't want the harsh edges of the pad to show. 

For my card I had chosen a gentle bluey green colour called Pool Party. To highlight it I used a white ink pad. I think any colour would work with this technique but I was going for a wintery look. 



I am really happy with the result as it made the texture really shine.





2 comments: