Friday 13 November 2020

Fun Fold Friday - Snowflake Wishes

 My last card this week is one that I made very recently for a class. It may look fiddly or awkward but it really is simpler than it looks. I know, I always say that but I honestly do mean it! I started with a standard C6 card base of 21cm by 14.85cm and scored in half at 10.5cm.  I used Coastal Cabana card for this one. I decorated the front with an embossed, snowflakes, white mat. I then die cut out the snowflake from the centre which just leaves the main card intact. It really gives a lovely finish. I added a scrap of silver foiled card below the die cut shape and fixed it to the card base using Stampin' Dimensionals (foam shapes).I added another few snowflakes and a message to the front too. 

On the inside, I added a mat of Pool Party card, some double sided paper and a white die cut mat. The measurements are all below. I added 2 different ribbons to the back of the card and tied them at the side to keep the card closed in the post. Lots of the snowflakes and die cuts on this one and a simple Happy Christmas inside completes it.

The Pool Party mat is 19.5cm by 13.5cm. Laying the mat landscape as the picture, score through the middle and 9.75cm. You now need to mark a 2.5cm border all around the inside. If you use a pencil and lightly mark it on the reverse you'll find you can't go wrong. The dotted lines represent score lines and the straight continuous line is a cut. There are only 2 cuts on this mat. They are on the 2.5cm on the top left of the picture to the 2.5cm mark on the top right of the picture. This is repeated at the bottom 2.5cm marks at the bottom of the mat. 

All of the products I have used this week are available in our shop, so please follow the link HERE and it will start you off with the stamp set. You can save money too if you buy the stamp set and the dies together! Bonus bargain!

This next piece is double sided paper.  I cut a mat of paper 18.7cm by 13cm and gutted this at 2cm all around the mat. On my card, to enable folding the card easier, I cut the centre fold out by about 1mm each side. It seemed to fit much better that way. These will fold along with the folds on the previous mat.

This final piece is 12cm by 8cm. All I did on this was to die cut out the snowflake frame. I didn't think it needed anything more than that. Obviously, I added lots of snowflakes stamped and die cut all around wherever I could to finish this one off.

Thank you so much for stopping by this week. I hope I have managed to get some inspiration to make yourself some beautiful cards. That's it from me for the week, Cary is back on Monday with some more of her beautiful creations. Please stop by and be inspired with her woderful ideas. 

Until then, Be Safe, Stay Well and Keep On Crafting. Gill ;)) xxx

😍😍😍😍😍


No comments:

Post a Comment