Tuesday 15 August 2023

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Trucking Along

 Today's card is such a fun one. Of course I've used the fab Trucking along bundle 😊 This set just brings a smile to my face everytime 😀. 

For today's inspiration I started by creating a blended sunset beach vibe background onto white cardstock.  I cut the cardstock so that it fit the Patchwork Pieces dies. This is a fun 2 die set that has soo sooo many applications!

Trucking along stampin up diecut blended sunny thoughts card

I created the blended background onto the mat then put it through the die cutting machine with the sunray effect die. I then adhered the pieces as one onto a panel of lemoncolouredcardstockthat was slightlylarger than the die cut panel. (I saved the frame that was an offcut  for later.) 

Next I worked out where I wanted my truck to be positioned on the piece and stamped the shadow/line stamp in the correct place. The truck outline is stamped in a dark grey then the infill stamped in lemon yellow. The truck is then punched out. I stamped the palm tree and surf board in grey ink too. I then coloured the palm tree with the infill stamp and the board and ring with my alcohol markers .

Trucking along stampin up diecut blended sunny thoughts card

I fussy cut the palm tree image leaving a small white shadow boarder with a longer piece left at the bottom so that it could be adhered to the back of the truck.

Trucking along stampin up diecut blended sunny thoughts card

The other fun thing with this stamp set are the cute sentiments.  This one is really apt for this card.
Remember the off cut from the blended panel I said to keep? Well I used to for the inside of the card. I think it adds a fun element to the card.

Trucking along stampin up diecut blended sunny thoughts card

Well I hope you like today's inspiration and will pop by for more tomorrow.  

Trucking along stampin up diecut blended sunny thoughts card



No comments:

Post a Comment