Tuesday 9 July 2024

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday - Sketched Butterflies

 Hello and thank you for joining me today. With the Sketched Butterflies stamp set today, I have made a semi-easy card. I started by stamping 3 images of the mid-sized butterfly and coloured them in using the gorgeous yellow of Daffodil Delight and the lovely soft, orange tone of Peach Pie in my Stampin' Blends Pens. After fussy cutting them out, I put them to the side. I cut a strip of 7cm wide white card and embossed it using one of the 3D Basics embossing folders, although any folder will do. I added this mat to the left hand side of the card front and then using Tombow Multipurpose Glue, I adhered the butterflies to the right hand side of the embossed, smaller, top mat. I fussy cut out the right hand side of the butterflies only where they were overlapping the edge of the mat and the middle of the card base. Yes, through both layers of card and it wasn't difficult.

I added some butterflies on another white mat for the inisde of the card and stamped a sentiment inside and on the scrap of card that I cut from the card front. With another piece of the card scrap and my Peach Pie Blend, I coloured across the white to make my own background to go behind the front sentiment mat and trimmed them both down. 






No comments:

Post a Comment