Thursday 2 May 2019

Gray Granite..


Spring has definitly sprung here in my part of the world. Lots of spring flowers and trees bursting into life and baby animals everywhere 😊 oh how I enjoy the new beginnings that spring offers! And this spring is especially special as my sister after 10 years of trying has fallen pregnant 😍 I can't wait to be an aunty again especially as she's  having a baby girl and the last 5 babies in our family have all been boys!!! So todays card is a welcom card for a baby girl. My sister is 15 years younger than me and has very different tastes to me so i took inspiration from her home decor for the card. She has a very neutral palette of soft greys with pops of strong muted colours. So my colour palette for todays card reflects that with Gray Granite,  Fresh Fig and Berry Burst. The hands are embossed in white on watercolour paper then colour is applied using lots of water and watered down ink. The sequins add just a little  sparkle that isn't really captured in the pictures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment