Friday 4 August 2023

Fun fold Friday kit's collection

 Sometime I just look at a kit and know that I can step it up in a certain way. And the kit I chose to highlight for today's post is one such kit . Called Light the Candles this fun kit make 4 cards each of 2 designs using pretty glittery panels and intricate diecut overlays.

Light the candles kit stampin up birthday card

As soon as I saw the kit I knew I wanted to make a shaker card with them. So for today's final card of the week I did just that 😁

First I made the shaker element.  I used the glitter panel and the diecut overlay piece for the candle card. I took a piece of acetate and some pretty silver sequin mix along with some 3d foam strip . First I adhered the acetate to the back of the diecut panel. I then added 3d foam strip all around the outside of the glitter panel. Ensuring there were no gaps.  I then took a good pinch of sequins and popped them inside the 3d foam strip area. Carefully removed all the tape backing and placed the acetate and diecut panel on top enclosingv the sequin mix. 

With the shaker part made I created the rest of the card. I decided on a simple landscape easle card. This is simply a piece of cardstock measuring 14.85cm x 21cm scored at 5.25cm and 10.5cm.  Then fold both scorelines as mountain folds.

I used one of the card bases from the kit and cut it into mats to decorate my card base. I used the sentiment strips and couloured panels to work as a stopped and decorate the card. 

Light the candles kit stampin up birthday card

The nice thing about an easle card is that it folds flat for posting . The shaker element is added to the center of the front of the card when it is layed flat and only adhered to the bottom panel.

Light the candles kit stampin up birthday card

For a space to write a message I had a white die cut piece laying on the table that fitted perfectly so waste not want not 😉

Light the candles kit stampin up birthday card

All in all this was a quick and easy transformation of the card from the kit using minimal surplies from my stash.

Light the candles kit stampin up birthday card

I do hope you've enjoyed my week of inspiration using some of the kit's available from Stampin' Up! Don't forget they are all available , whilst stocks last, with up to 30% off in the online shop just click Here.

Well that's all folks from me.  Next week Gill will be sharing her creations with us all and I do hope you'll pop over and see them.

Have a great weekend and 

Have fun

Cary xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment