Wednesday 23 August 2023

Watercolour Wednesday - Backgrounds - Rays of Light

 Hello again. Firstly, I must apologise for the lack of a project for yesterday. Unfortunately, life just got in the way! I'm very sorry. However, today's project is another background stamp that I have wanted to use for a while but have never gotten around to it. I started by spritzing a piece of Fluid  watercolour paper with lots of water. Using an H block, I inked it up with first of all a beautiful very soft pink called Bubble Bath. I spritzed that with water too and added it across the centre of the piece of watercolour paper. I repeated this process with the fresh lemon of Lemon Lolly, above and below of the pink and then the blueish green of Lost Lagoon above and below of the lemon. I tilted the card quite a bit to blend the colours well and got the lovely misty lines. Then using the Rays of Light stamp, I inked it with Versamark and then some Lemon Lolly and placed it over the now dry mat. 

I heat set it and repeated it with Clear embossing powder as well which was sprinkled over the Versamark and Lemon Lolly. I heat set that and stamped a flower from the Everlasting Beauty stamp set. I watercoloured the flower using ink from a block and a waterbrush. I adhered the watercolour paper to a Lost Lagoon mat and then onto a Basic White card base.


 






2 comments: