Wednesday 16 August 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Trucking Along

 For today's card I wanted to show how you can combine the Trucking Along with other stamps. The stamps I have chosen to combine with the truck is the Scenic Wonders set from Stampin' Up! This is a beautiful set great for frustrated artists like myself. It allows me to create scenes that are wonderful on their own but also perfect when combined with other stamps.

Trucking along stampin up watercolour scene live you biggest dream card

To me the bottom stamp in the above picture has a look of the outback or desert. This works beautifully with the vintage style truck from the Trucking Along stamp sat in my minds eye.

So I started by using a very simple watercolour technique to create an area of colour onto a white mat. I took the larges oblong acrylic block I have and scribbled my water based marker pen in a light greeny/blue shade on  to it directly.  I then spritzed it liberally with water and turned it over and placed it onto the cardstock.  It's great fun watching the paper absorb the wet ink through the block 🙂. 

Whilst the panel was drying I used some gorgeous checked pattern paper from a pack called Inked Botanicals to cover the card front.

Then I took the stamp and inked it with basic gray ink and stamped over the coloured area on the white mat. Next I took a Deckled rectangle die and cut the panel out.

Trucking Along stampin up watercolour background tequnique live your biggest dream card

I stamped the truck outline and coloured it with my alcohol markers then punched it out. I adhered the die cut panel to the card base using 3d foam. Then adhered the truck using 3d foam as well. 
The sentiment is from the Scenic Wonders set as I felt it went so well with this card.

Trucking Along stampin up watercolour background tequnique live your biggest dream card

For the inside of the card I stamped part of  another of the Scenic Wonders stamps in a second generation ink of the basic gray ink onto one corner . I then added a small strip of the patterned paper as well.

Trucking Along stampin up watercolour background tequnique live your biggest dream card

I love the soft colour palette of todays card inspiration and definitly think it would work for any gender.

Join me tomorrow for more inspiration using this oh so versatile set.

No comments:

Post a Comment