Wednesday 30 August 2023

Watercolour Wednesday It's a Science

 A super quick watercolour background and a great way to add lots of texture for today's card using the It's a Science stamp set.

It all starts with a piece of basic whote cardstock,  some water based inks and a waterpainter. This is what I like to call a dry watercolour technique. Basically all you do is squish some ink into the lid of the ink pad then add a drop or two of water from your waterpainter into it. Next take your damp waterpainter pick up a little ink and swip it across your cardstock. 

I chose to work in stripes and light turquoise, lemon yellow and a bold hot pink colour palette. The stripes are not perfect and that's perfectly fine . I was going for a relaxed look.

It's a Science stampin up watercolour background birthday card

I then stamped and fussy cut out the beakers from white cardstock  and adhered them directly onto my background piece. Then I took a fun 3d embossing folder and embossed the panel. I love how this cteated a unified lookbto the panel.
 
It's a Science stampin up watercolour background birthday card

As I had a few beakers left over I used them on a circle and coloured them in using my waterpainter and ink again. Added a sentiment and the front was done.
I stamped and coloured some bubbles onto a piece of white cardstock for the inside of the card.

It's a Science stampin up watercolour background birthday card

A fun and easy way to use watercolour for thise of us who are not blessed with artistic skills! 😉 and those in search of a quick way to create unique backgrounds. I do hope you'll give it a go and have fun doing it!  😊 

It's a Science stampin up watercolour background birthday card


No comments:

Post a Comment