Wednesday 2 August 2023

Watercolour Wednesday kits collection

 Question how you watercolour with a kit? Answer Smooshing! Yep for today's inspiration I've used the remains of a kit called Sentimental Rose.  This very pretty, soft and somewhat romantic kit includes stamps that are simply gorgeous. 

Sentimental rose stampin up congratulations card

As with most kit's there are leftovers and today I've used some from this kit to create a card with a somewhat vintage feel to it.

Sentimental rose stampin up congratulations card

It all started with a piece of the corrugated card. I  grabbed a grey and a pink ink pad and dabbed them onto a silicon mat. Then I took my spritzer filled with water and spritzed the ink. Then dabbed the piece of paper into the wet ink. The technique is called smooshing and is a fun way to use water and colour to add a little something to a piece.

Sentimental rose stampin up congratulations card

I kept the colour pallette soft inkeeping with the kit. The pattern paper was from an envelope that was leftover. Don't you just love a beautifully detailed envelope? 
I stamped the rose in the soft grey ink onto a piece of paper that had a little ink smoshed on it in green, yellow and pink. Then fussy cut it out. 

Sentimental rose stampin up congratulations card

Fo you like torn edges? Gill dislikes it intensely 🫣 I like how it can add texture to a project 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment