Tuesday 24 March 2020

Tips, tricks and techniques Tuesday..

Today's tip is one for all of us who have that little pile of backgrounds and pattern paper that is just...a bit too bright...not quite what we need for a certain project...or just one we really can't quite like!!
One of the great things about vellum is it's opacity. Whilst it's translucent it has a softening defusing effect on what is underneath or behind it.
The So Lovely Vellum I'm using is a coloured vellum and I wondered if it would have the same effect so I had a play and...it does!!
I used Melon Mambo, a bright hot pink, Grapefruit Grove, a bright orange and Pineapple Punch a strong bright yellow, to create a background. I blended the colours from pink to orange to yellow.
I then used a piece of Purple Posy  vellum cut slightly larger to cover the background.  I attatched the vellum behind the embellishment so that it didn't show.
I do hope that you'll dig out those not quite right backgrounds/ paper and try overlaying it with vellum to ensure you make use of all your stash 😁




No comments:

Post a Comment