Monday 30 March 2020

Make It Monday or #Simplestamping  

Hello and welcome back. I hope you are all well and staying safe at this difficult time. 
This style of card is all the rage at the moment by using scraps of card or DSP to make it.
My daughter made one many years ago during a class that she came to, She was 8 at the time and her imagination was running wild with her using literally EVERYTHING!
However, I was reminded to do this by Bruno Bertucci but I've added a twist.
I added DSP from the Dinoroar Designer Series Paper on top of the card that I had cut up. 
I used 6 different colours of card and cut them at 0.5cm on one end and 1 cm on the other end. It doesn't have to be those measurements. It can be an mixture of measurements to make it even more different and unique. See the range HERE
I cut a Basic Black card mat at  13.85 cm by 9.5 cm. Then one by one I added the card strips using Tombow glue. Once they were all on, I sliced up the scraps of DSP that I was going to use in a similar way too then added them to show the card below. 
Once I had trimmed down to the card mat size, I added a larger Basic Black mat behind it.
Then Using the Black Dimensionals, I fixed it to a C6 Thick White card base. This card base I made by cutting the card in Portrait style. So it was 29.7 cm by 10.5 cm, then scored at 14.85 cm.
 



The inside was a simple Whisper White mat stamped with the message and the dinosaur to complete it. Believe me when I say that it was really great fun to do and was very quick.
 A perfect way to use up all of the inevitable scraps of card and DSP.

No comments:

Post a Comment