Wednesday 25 March 2020

Watercolour Wednesday..

At first glance today's sample doesn't scream watercolour but bear with me I have used a watercolour technique that I think you might enjoy 😁
This card is not my usual style but sometimes you just have to try something different don't you?
The sentiment and die cut layers are a sneak peek from an upcoming suite of product from the upcoming annual catalogue from Stampin Up called Ornate Garden Suite, more information on this in the upcoming weeks 😉
Now back to that elusive watercolouring...
I stamped the floral stamp directly onto the coloured card base in the same colour ink as the card to create a tone on tone look. And then I coloured the flowers using the same colour ink and instead of an aquapainter I used my clear Wink of Stella !!! What you can't see in my photos but you can in real life is see the gorgeous sparkle it has!! Because I've used tone on tone the overall effect is very subtle but the sparkle gives it a bit of zing.
So please dig out you clear Wink of Stella and have a go at using it as a way to watercolour.  Oh and to clean the nib all uoi need to do is wipe it onto a piece of scrap paper or kitchen towel until it runs clear again 😉




No comments:

Post a Comment