Friday 13 March 2020

Fun fold Friday...

Well today we're off to the venue for our annual weekend retreat which will be full of Crafting, Laughing and Eating!!! So Gill and I will be shattered by the time Monday arrives but it will be so worth it 😁
Anyway back to today. For todays friday Fun Fold I am sharing another of my simple folds. This one has 2 scores and 4 straight cuts..nothing too difficult promise 😊
Start with a sheet of A4 cardstock  (American measurements will be in brackets and based on letter size, 8 1/2" x 11")
Now score the cardstock in half at 14.85cm ( 5")
Then rotate the card and score at 10.5cm (4 1/4")
Now with the card in a portrait orientation cut the top left hand rectangle out as per the photo below.
Next mark 0.5cm (1/4") in around all 3 open sides of the left hand panel and remove as per the photos.
Fold along the score lines folding the smaller right hand panel on to the left . Then fold the top down and rotate so that the card opens as normal from right to left. ( I hope that make sense 😅😅)
Now the fun begins decorate as desired 😁
I have used the stamps from the Positive Thoughts  set and a very monochromatic colour palette of night of navy and white. I heat embossed with clear embossing powder on the front panel to give  a tone on tone touch of texture.  The white maiden hair fern is heat embossed in white on night of navy the die cut out using the coordinating dies to the stamp set. I create the sentiment by masking parts of the sentiment stamp in the set to ink only the words I wanted to stamp there by creating my own sentiment. A few rhinestones and some basic white bakers twine and the front is done. The inside panels are created the same way but just using ink.
Well that's it from me this week I do hope you'll join us next week to see what inspiration we have to share.
Have fun
Cary xx









1 comment:

  1. Great fold and love the beautiful stamps and the die-cut fern
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete