Thursday 18 February 2021

Throwback Thursday Hey Birthday Chick

 Paper pieceing a super way to colour in with out pens or inks! It's also been a staple of my crafting arsonal since I began crafting all those years ago. So when I saw the Hey Birthday Chick stamps I immediately thought I can paper piece these little cuties!

Yes I know it involves fussy cutting but hey once in a while is ok for even the most reluctant fussy cutter πŸ˜‰ Now I have to agree that the chicks with their spikey edges might at first glance look really difficult but you can chop of the spicky and spindeley, (a real Cary Crafting term πŸ€ͺ)  bits. The reason you can chop them off is because you stamp the image onto your project first then layer the cut out piece onto it. 

A little tip I do have is to take a marker pen, in the same colour that I stamped in, and run it around the cut edges of my paper piece.  This helps to create an almost seamless transition from paper to stamped image. 

I have also created my own coloured sparkle by colouring my clear rhinestones with my alcohol markers.  I love how this allows me to customise my cards.

Hey Birthday Chick easy paper pieceing funky chicken stampin up


The card was inspired by a team member  the lovely Jennie Martin  who keeps chickens and is such a fun and cheerie person. So this card will be winging it's  way to her very soon 😊 πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯





No comments:

Post a Comment