Tuesday 23 February 2021

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday - Tasteful Touches

Hello and welcome back. It seems so long since I was last writing on the blog but it's only been a week! Cary excelled herself again last week with her chicks didn't she? She is in a really cutsey mode at the moment and loves all of the really gorgeous sets that Stampin' Up! have. Me, I'm a little more classical in my tastes but I do have the chicks too as well as all of the others she has used so far this year! Well, I do have young children in the family so I have to play too. Don't I? Teehee 😂😂

I apologise for missing yesterday's post. There really is no excuse other than I am so busy with Cary organising our next retreat next month! Lots to do! 

This week I chose to open my catalogue and pick the first stamp set that I opened it at. The stamp set is called Tasteful Touches. It has some amazing papers to go with it called In Good Taste. There are wood effects, tiles, plaster and loads more of different decorating effects. They are great papers. In fact I showed one on a Fun Fold Friday at the beginning of the year. I am in my simple card mode at the moment and want to show the kind of simple projects that can be made by an experienced crafter but more importantly the beginner just going into crafting. 

This one I embossed a white C6 mat using the Tin Tile embossing folder. I think it is ideal for this set of papers as well as fitting in perfectly with the stamps too. Some times there are stamp sets that are especially for ladies and not men but this one is ideal for both. By combining the folder and the papers, this card can be sent to anyone. Yes, you can see I did some fussy cutting. Well it wouldn't be me if I didn't now would it? So by using the gorgeous navy and white card, printed papers  and the stamps. Simple!







No comments:

Post a Comment