Wednesday 24 February 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Tasteful Touches

For today's card I started playing with ink scribbled onto a block and spritzed using lots of water to spread it all around. Sounds simple? Yes it is. It's is so simple that my granddaughter Bella has been doing the watercolouring now for about 3 years and she is only 10 years old. This is one of my preferred ways of watercolouring to get a complete piece of card with mixed colours all over. I used only 4 colours for this card and it shows on each flower differently.  For more information on the stamp set please click HERE   the dies or bundle HERE

I started by stamping the leaves onto the card then using a narrow embossing folder called Greenery, I embossed just the one side. I mounted the flowers using the foam pads or Dimensionals then coloured little areas of the flowers with clear Wink Of Stella. I have used some of the lovely white Crinkled Seam Binding, Using the Granny Apple Green stamp n' write marker pen, I coloured the ribbon very easily. The ink is water based so dried on the ribbon very quickly. The amazing thing about Stampin' Up! ribbon, is that they can be coloured to whatever colour you like. Really cool! The white mat was fixed to the green card mat, the now dry, coloured ribbon was added then were fixed onto the white card base. I stamped the message onto a scrap of card then using one of the dies from the coordinating Tasteful Labels dies, cut out the circle. There was a piece of the watercoloured paper left so I die cut another circle out, cut it in half and placed behind the message. 

Another piece of card for the inside and a message and decoration to finish this one off. Yes, this was another very simple watercolour card.

 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment