Tuesday 16 February 2021

Tips Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Hey chick

 Today I've gone all pop art! Inspired by Andy Warhol and his Marilyn and soup can works I took the idea of bright colours and sets of four of the same image. I thought that this technique would work well with the cool chicks in the Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick stamp sets. 

Pop art stampin up ink blending bright colours fun card

I started by masking the white cardstock into 4 panels using sticky notes.  I then used a blending brush and waterbased inks to apply colour to each quadrant.

 To add some more interest on the panels I spritzed them with water and allowed the panels to dry. As the water dries it leave behind a lovely speckled effect that is very pleasing and give texture without depth.

Hey chick hey Birthday Chick blending tequnique water spritzing fun colour card

Next I stamped and die cut 4 of each of the chicks. Then I coloured them. For the large A5 card I coloured all over and for the standard A6 card I just coloured sections. Which way do you prefer?  I can't  decide!!!



Which ever you prefer I hope you'll give this fun technique/ style a go. πŸ˜€



7 comments: