Wednesday 17 February 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Hey Birthday Chick

 Today I'm sharing a soft and gentle card to show that the Hey Chick stamps don't have to be bright and bold.  I also think this card would be a lovely one to send to an  expectant parent or grandparent . 

Many Messages stampin up watercolour card


The sentiment is from a set called Many Messages.  It's one that a think is rather lovely.

For the front of the card I first stamped the chick in stazon ink three times across the long card mat. The reason I used stazon is that I wanted the image not to bleed once I applied water.

I then took 3 coloured water based marker pens, a water spritzer and an acrylic block. First I  scribbled small spots of the markers randomly onto the acrylic block.  Then I spritzed water over the block. How much to spritz is a question of practice so my big tip is practice on scrap cardstock until you're confident of the look you're after.

Now flip your block over onto the stamped image. I chose to use the dame size block that I'd  used to hold my stamp so that it would fit appropriately.  As you watch the cardstock soaks up the ink and water and your acrylic block will become clear and cleam that is when it's time to remove the block.

Easy Watercolour colouring stampin up Hey Birthday Chick

Once I'd coloured all three images I left it to dry and made my card base and sentiment. You can use a heat tool , gently, to dry the piece but it doesn't  take too long honestly.

Once the card was completed I was very happy with the end result a soft and gentle Hey Chick card. 

Easy watercolouring congratulations card stampin up Hey Chick



No comments:

Post a Comment