Friday 5 February 2021

Leftovers week day 5

 For the final card in my leftovers week I've decided to make a fun fold card using scraps of pattern paper and odd bits of cardstock.  

The card is a simple one. Make a landscape opening card base by scoring a piece of 10.5cm x 29.7cm cardstock at 14.85cm.  I then took a 5cm x 29.7cm strip of contrasting cardstock and scored it at 7.4cm, 14.85cm and 22.3cm. 

The card base is folded and placed in a landscape orientation.  The contrasting cardstock is folded in a concertina fashion, valley, mountain and valley folds, to form a W shape. I placed the contrasting stip, folded up , inside the card base and secured the 2 outer panels to the inside of the card using liquid adhesive. Making sure that the inner piece doesn't poke out when the card is closed.

I then decorated the card using scraps of pattern paper, a  leftover sentiment and hearts from a previous dicutting project. I used an embossing folder to add texture and used some rhinestones to give it a little pop. 

Well I hope I've shown you a few ways to use up your scraps and maybe look at your leftovers a little differently this week 😉 

That's all from me till the next time. Olease join us next week when Gill will be sharing her creations with us all. 

Have a fun

Cary xx 

Simple fun fold using scraps





No comments:

Post a Comment