Monday 31 July 2023

Make it simple Monday Kits

 Wow where does the time go??? It's the last day of July already!!! The nice thing about it though is that tomorrow, 1st August,  starts a month long promotion for the amazing Kit's collection from Stampin' Up! . There will be discounts on all yes All kit's of upto 30%!!!

Saying Thanks Kit stampin up fun easy simple cards

Now let's talk a little about kits. When they were first introduced to the SU product line up I admit to being a little, oh ok maybe more than a little, dubious.  After all why use a kit when I have a room full of stash...I love spending time crafting.... I've been doing this for a long time... I'm always inspired to create?

Well let me tell you I have changed my tune and become a convert to the little beauties ✨️ They are still perfect for beginner crafters, they are self contained goodie boxes, they can be great time savers and will always be a great way to kick start your creativity. 

But, and this is why I really changed my mind, they give my creativity focus and allow it to blossom and grow all at the same time! I never though I'd say it but I really do love the SU kit's! As you'll discover if you come back evwry day this week.

But lets talk about what a kit is. Firstly there are a variety of kits available. There are craft kits which range from home decor to gift packaging to tags everything  need to create these fun projects can be found in the kit.

Then there are 2 types of card kits. Every card kit comes in its own box perfect for storing you kit but also your finished works of art. Each contain card bases and envelopes, embellishments and adhesives. The first type is one that is pre printed and doesn't require you to stamp. The second card type of card kit contains stamps, acrylic block and an ink pad which you can add to your stash after all the projects are made 😉 And let's not forget the box ...what crafter doesn't love a box to decorate and use for storage 😃

Wow now that was a lot of words! So let's cut to the creative stuff and have a look at today's projects.  As it's #makeitsimplemonday I thought I'd share my favourite non stampin card kit. Called Saying Thanks it's  a beautifully bright and bold box of goodness. 

Saying Thanks Kit stampin up fun easy simple cards

For today's inspiration I have chosen to create the card on the right hand side of the picture. I then took the same card base and an envelope and created a further 3, yes 3, different cards just by adding card bases from my stash.

So here is the card as shown in the kit.

Saying Thanks Kit stampin up fun easy simple cards

Did I mention that every kit comes with and amazing photo instruction leaflet with tons of useful information in it? Well it does and I highly recommend looking through it before you start creating. 

For my first 2 cards I cut one of the kit card bases in half and added them to some card bases from my stash. I didn't fold the card base and instead cut the length to fit my card bases. I used the sentiments from the kit.

Saying Thanks Kit stampin up fun easy simple cards


For this one I used some of the little white hearts that pop out of one of the other card embellishments.  This added texture and interest  to the white part of the cut up card panel.

Saying Thanks Kit stampin up fun easy simple cards

For my third card I used the gorgeous inside of the envelope.  Top tip always look at the insides of the envelopes privided they are usually printed and can be oh so useful as pattern paper! 
Did I mention that these kit's come with sentiments in not just English but French, German and Dutch too? Well they do and I decided not to waste them on my final card.

Saying Thanks Kit stampin up fun easy simple cards

I do hope that I've started to show how much the humble kit can add value to any crafters experience be they just starting their creative journey or avid crafters with much experience. 
Please pop back tomorrow for more inspiration using kits.

Saying Thanks Kit stampin up fun easy simple cards



No comments:

Post a Comment