Friday 21 July 2023

Fun fold Friday Just My Type

 Fun Fold Friday already!!! Where has the week gone??? So what have we got for today's inspiration using the Just My Type stamps... a fun fold of course 🤣

Today's fold is a take on the well known Z fold card. It's a little larger than my normal card size, a 14.85cm x 14.85cm or 6" x 6". But it's still a really easy one to create.

It all starts with a card base measuring 14.85cm x 14.85cm ( 6" x 12") scored at 7.4cm and 14.85cm ( 3" and 6") . You then need a second piece of cardstock measuring 10.5cm x 29.7cm (3 3/4" x 12") scored at 9.9cm and 19.8 (4" and 8")

Next it's time to decorate all the panels. Once all the panels are decorated it's time to put the 2 pieces together.  Take the larger piece and fold the first scoreline as a mountain fold and the second as a valley fold.  For the 2nd piece fold again mountain then valley. 

Lay the card base, the 1st piece out flat, and fold the 2nd piece concertina fashion. Place the 2nd piece in the center of the large left hand panel of the card base and adhere the bottom layer of piece 2 in place.

Next open out piece 2 so that it lays to the right hand side . Fold the left-hand panel of the the card base so that they concertina and lay flat partially covering piece 2. Then fold piece 2 so that it encases the folded left-hand edge of the card base. This creates the Z fold see below.

Just my type stampin up z fold fun fold card

The pretty pattern papers I've  used to decorate  my sample with are from a fabulous pack called Delightfully Eclectic.  This is a fun pack of 48 sheets of 12" x 12" pattern paper that as the name suggest has alsorts of patterns to play with! A great addition to any crafters stash.

Just my type stampin up z fold fun fold card

I chose the bold floral for the background and the fun ledger style sheet for the smaller panels. I stamped directly onto the pattern paper and coloured the images with my alcohol markers for some parts.

Just my type stampin up z fold fun fold card

For other decorative pieces I stamped, coloured then fussy cut them out before placing them. I also used a few matt black dots scattered around just for fun.

Just my type stampin up z fold fun fold card

Well that's all folks for this week from me. Please join me next week as Gill shares her creations with us here.
Have a great weekend and remember..
Have fun xx

Just my type stampin up z fold fun fold card


No comments:

Post a Comment