Tuesday 4 July 2023

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Rhino Ready

 Today we're going deep into the Serengeti... a sunset visit to watch the rhinoceros... Well actually I've created a fun card with the Rhino Ready bundle  inspired by sunset in the Serengeti.  

I first made a fun blended background using lots of orange, yellow and copper colours. I punched a circle out of a piece of cardstock.  I first used the outside piece and blended a light yellow inside for the sun. Then I covered the inner portion and removed the outer. I then used some torn paper and created a horizon line. I used the orange and yellows to blend above the line and the copper and brown colours below.

I then used the fantastic dies from the bundle to cut out my silhouettes.  I did do a little surgery on the rhino and removed the bird from his back. 

Rhino ready stampin up sunset blended background card

I then decorated the inside of the card by using the torn edge a the left over ink on my brushes to create a line along the bottom edge of the insert. I then repurposed the circle as well. I stamped the sitting rhino in dark brown onto the dark brown cardstock I'd used for my silhouettes. 

Rhino ready stampin up sunset blended background card
 
My top tip when creating sun or moon scapes is to gently blend the  hard edges of the circle once the cover has been removed. I also took a torn piece of paper and a very light hand and added some cloud shimmer lines across the sun.

Rhino ready stampin up sunset blended background card

Come back tomorrow for more rhino ready inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment