Wednesday 7 February 2024

Watercolour Wednesday - Thoughtful Expressions

 Hello on a very wet Wednesday! Today's watercolour card was great fun to make. I started by cutting a strip of watercolour paper 14.85cm long by approximately 7cm wide. I thoroughly soaked it with water from the spritzer and then using my re-inker bottles, lightly I scribbled the ink across the card. I repeated it a few times with different colours and once I was happy with the them, I put it aside to dry. Prior to me stamping using the Thoughtful Expressions stamp set, I cut a tent fold card base which is 29.7cm long, scored at 14.85cm and 10.5cm wide. I then cut a white mat with the dies from the Around The Bend. It gave a really lovely curve across the card which was what I wanted. 

I cut the coloured mat to 14.4cm as I left it slightly longer than I wanted and just trimmed the ends down. Once I had positioned it onto the front of the card, I could mark the mat where I needed to trim it. I positioned the now 2 pieces onto the card base and adhered more or less centrally to the card. I adhered the die cuts to the top and bottom of the card base and then played with the scraps of inked watercolour card. I stamped some of the flowers and die cut using some of flowers and swirls from the Thoughtful Expressions dies.

The rest as you can see is easy. I just placed them onto the mat and then adhered them into place.

Here you can see the finished mats before they were die cut and stamped on. I really had fun today. Not a messy one like like Cary had on her LIVE on Monday but fun nonetheless. :)) 







No comments:

Post a Comment