Thursday 22 February 2024

This or That throwback Thursday. Thursday's gone by

 Hello, as many of you know ... cos we've mentioned it so much... we have our retreat this weekend and Cary and I are up to our eyeballs getting ready. So apologies from me as today's post is this and that from a little while ago. I will start with one of my fave's of long ago. Well, not that long ago as it was on 12th of January 2023. I love this set so much that I still use it. it is called Dainty Delight. 

Using the Dainty Delight stamp set, I stamped the largest image and coloured it in using my Stampin' Blends, alcohol Marker pens. I picked a piece of the Silver foiled papers and embossed it using the Twigs and Sprigs gorgeous embossing folder. Sadly the folder has now retired but as always why stop using it just because it has retired? The detail on it is stunning! I adhered that to a piece of the Granny Apple Green mat and then to a White Card base. The stamped image was then cut down and adhered to another piece of the green and mounted onto the card using Dimensionals, 3D foam shapes. A simple message and the 2 mats on the inisde and this one was finished. 

THIS

 The next one is this weeks THAT card, this gorgeous blue flower,  was posted on 23rd of March 2023. We really did have some beautiful stamp sets last year too didn't we?

The gorgeous new stamp set and dies etc are called Irresistible Blooms. The images are beautiful and added to the dies too, they just go so much further.  My THAT card today is an all white based card and added a white mat with a piece of DSP from the Fitting Florets papers which have also retired. Just this simple strip of DSP adds a lovely hue through the card. I used one of the dies from the set which literally die cut the stripe going through the card. What a difference! 

Fortunately, both stamp sets are still current in the catalogue too so if you like it as much as I do and don't yet have it....now's the time to treat yourself.

So simple but I think so elegant. What do you think?

THAT

  

Please do let us know which is your prefered card again.

No comments:

Post a Comment