Monday 5 February 2024

Make It Simple Monday - #simplestamping - Thoughtful Expressions

 Hello, well as you can see Cary had a really great time with the cuties last week didn't she? As we have possibly mentioned once or twice, we are gearing up for our annual retreat in just over 2 weeks' time so we are both running on high gear at the moment! Today though I have gone with a really pretty bird from the Thoughtful Expressions stamp set. I started by stamping the bird onto a scrap of paper. Using a yellow colouring pencil, I coloured in lots of circular motions around the front of the card base. It's quite a pale soft yellow so it took a few go's at it. Then I stamped in a very soft grey, the little flowers that are at the top of the stamp set.  I was going to just go around the outside but got carried away. It reminds me of a birds nest. I coloured the bird in yellows, blues and greens, all in light and dark colours until I was happy with the result. Yes, I fussy cut around the bird as I wanted it to be flying up to the nest. I put the bird on foam shapes and stamped a simple sentiment at the bottom and another on the inside. 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment