Wednesday 29 January 2020

Watercolour Wednesday..

What's your  favourite watercolour medium? Pencils? Reinkers? Ink pads? Marker pens? Do you use a paintbrush or an aquapainter or a blender pen?
Sooo many choices and sooo many ways to use them!!!
Today I'm  sharing a card I made that uses watercolour pencils and an aquapainter. What is unusual is that I've used them over a stamped image to give a different look.
It's  very easy to do . I've used the Timeless Tulips stamps again and stamped the small tulip in Highland Heather. ( see tulip marked A)
Then I took the Pacific Point pencil and added a few light lines using the lines in the stamped image as a guide. Next I used the aquapainter to blend the lines out. ( see tulip marked B)
Now I added some gorgeous  grape pencil shading and blended it in. ( see tulip marked C)
Now I took the basic black pencil and went over the outer lines of the petals. And used he White pencil to add highlights.  ( see tulip marked D)
I followed the same process for the leaves bit used pear pizzazz ink and pacific point, granny apple green, basic black and white watercolour pencils.
I'm  no artist  but this way to use watercolour made me feel quite artistic!!!
Do you like to water colour? What tools do you prefer to use?




No comments:

Post a Comment