Friday 10 February 2023

Fun Fold Friday - He's All That

 Hello and thank you for joining me today. Today's final card of the week using the He's All That stamp set, I have been able to make my son's birthday card. It's taken so long because of all the interruptions from him! He must know that I'm making his card! To open this card you have to bend the sides backwards to slip them out of the centre catch. I have no idea what it's called but I know that Cary made one many years ago. It's really very easy. We tell all of our class attendees the cards are easy to make but again this one really is.

I started with a piece of card 14.85cm by 29.7cm. The 29.7cm is the full length of a piece of A4 card in the UK. From there, I scored it 3 times. 7.4cm, 14.85cm and 22.25cm and they were well burnished. Then it was a case of decorating it. I cut 2 panels in Soft Succulent a light green, 2 in Sahara Sand a very soft beige and 2 pieces in Cajun Craze a rusty red colour. The sizes are 14.4cm by 6.8cm. The DSP, again from the He's The Man were all 6.4cm by 13.85cm. I used the Sahara Sand on the front and embossed them using the new folder called 3D Metal Plate and then added the papers on top. I used Basic White card for the centre panels on top of the Soft Succulent, green panels. 


 
The locking panel in the centre was a strip of white card that I fixed the 3 sentiments to. I then attached a piece of card 4cm by 4cm. It was scored at 0.5cm, 0.5cm from each side and that left a 2cm piece that was used to adhere to the back of the locking panel. the first 0.5cm piece on each side was used to adhere the centre panel to the card. I like the way that it becomes a focal part on the inside.

 
I finished off by stamping some of the sentiments to the white panels and then some more of the die cut images from the DSP again. I mounted each of them onto another piece of the card to enhance them.


 
 Above and below are 2 views from above the card so you can see how the mechanism is folded.

 

To close the card and place in the envelope, you just fold the sides back again and close the card behind the sentiments band.
          
 
Well, that's it from me for this week, Cary will be back on Monday ready to share her amazing creations with you. Please stop by and see what she's been up to. 
We are both extremely busy at the moment as it's coming up for our annual Retreat which is in March. Only 4 weeks away. So very much to buy, pack and organise. Then we will dissolve!!!

Until I return, as always please stay safe, keep well but most of all.....

KEEP ON CRAFTING

Thank you again, 

😍😍 xx Gill xx 😍😍

 


No comments:

Post a Comment