Friday 3 February 2023

Fun fold Friday Playing in the Rain

Happy Friday 🥳 the weekend starts here! Today is my youngster's birthday day. He's 23 where has the time gone!! So my weekend definitely starys today with cake and takeaway and a movie! Oh happy day! Which rather neatly brings me to my final card of the week showcasing the Playing in the Rain stamps and dies and the Rain or Shine pattern papers.  

Pattern paper is such a useful resource for papercrafters.  It can make a card really quickly, be a background for stamped images or the star of the show! And today it's the star of the show.

I had an idea to make a simplified version of a fun fold called a stepper card. My version is a faux stepper card that is very easy to make.

It all starts with a piece of cardstock measuring 14.85cm x 24cm scored at 8cm, 16cm and 20cm. The scores are then folded as a mountain,  valley then mountain fold.

The second piece is 6cm x 21cm scored at 10.5cm and folded as a mountain. 

Playing in the Rain stampin up faux stepper card easy fun fold

I decorated part one before attaching the second panel. The second panel is secured to the back of the card first in whatever position you want it to be. 

The effect is that of a stepper card with out all the tricky cutting and scoring. I decorated my sample with the pretty papers and the bunny.

Playing in the Rain stampin up faux stepper card easy fun fold

For the bunny's coat I did a little paper pieceing. I love this technique as an alternative to colouring. It's made easier when the pattern paper is from the same pack . You know they'll all work together. 
A little white ribbon around the bottom step and I was happy.


Well that's it from me I'm off to have a fun weekend celebrating with my boy and the rest.of the family. I do hope you'll all have a good weekend.
Please join me here next week as Gill will be sharing her inspiration with us all.
Have fun
Cary xx

Playing in the Rain stampin up faux stepper card easy fun fold


1 comment: