Wednesday 1 February 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Playing in the Rain

 For today's inspiration I've created a sample in a tall slim card using a fun way to create a watercolour background.  I have also used the dies from the Playing in the Rain bundle and just a sentiment from the stamps.

The card starts as a piece of cardstock measuring 21cm x 19.8cm scored at 9.9cm. I then took a piece of thick white card stock measuring  20cm x 18.8cm. This piece is what I used to create my watercolour wash background.

Here's where it gets fun. I popped a drop of tahitian tide reinker onto an acrylic block the added a single drop of water to it. Then O took my clear wink of stella and squeezed several drop onto the block as well. 

Next I used the wink of stella brush as a paint brush and washed the ink all down the piece of cardstock.  I painted and dried then painted again but wasn't very fussy with it.

I  love how the panel ended up . It sparkles beautifully in real life. The shimmer is difficult to capture in a photo.

Playing in the Rain stampin up shimmery watercolour wash card

I then played with the dies from the set and made my kites. I also die cut out the clouds ☁️. 
For the sentiment I stamped it in black onto white cardstock.  I then die cut it using a die from another fun set called Conversation Bubbles

Conversation Bubbles stampin up

I just love these kookie die cuts! And think they work well with this sentiment. 

Playing in the Rain stampin up shimmery watercolour wash card

For the inside I stamped the turtle and coloured it in using the blue and yellow to coordinate with the front of the card. I then took a black marker pen and doodled around the edge.

Playing in the Rain stampin up shimmery watercolour wash card


I like how this card turned out it's a nice mix of shimmer and crisp colours.

Playing in the Rain stampin up shimmery watercolour wash card


No comments:

Post a Comment