Thursday 2 February 2023

This or That Thursday Playing in the Rain

 How do you start a project? Do you start with colour choice? Card style? Stamped image? There are so many way's!! For today's card I started with the stamped image of the turtle.  I was playing around on how to colour him in. I did various colours until I felt inspired. So really my cards today are inspired by the coloured in stamped image from the Playing in the Rain stamp set.

As I was colouring I was thinking about how to use him and I decided I wanted to keep it fairly simple. But I wanted to use a tool that was sat on my desk a little unloved. Called Artistic mix decorative masks these are a selection of masks that can layer up to create fun backgrounds. 

Artistic mix decorative masks stampin up

I decided to layer the 2 check masks and use my blending brush to add colour through them to my projects. I love how easy this is as a way to add texture and interest to a card. You can be as bold or subtle as you wish, use the whole thing or just a part there are so many ways to use them.
I started by looking at my coloured turtle and decided to coordinate my colour palette with him so for my first card I went orange. Called mango melody this is a bright cheerful colour that adds a little fun to every card.

Playing in the Rain stampin up turtle blended mask background card

Whilst cutting the circle and mat for the card I wondered what it would look like if I'd gone with the green colour I'd used. Called old olive it's quite a bright mid tone green that is a very useful colour. I also found it amusing that the 2 colours I'd chosen each had food related names.. who knew mango and olives would work so well together 😉🤣

Playing in the Rain stampin up turtle blended mask background card

So there you have it from 1 little bit of colouring in 2 cards were created! Which do you prefer?  Mango? Or olive? ( not the foods.. the colours orange? Or green? 🤣)

Playing in the Rain stampin up turtle blended mask background card


4 comments: