Tuesday 31 January 2023

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Playing in the Rain

 Today's card features a fun technique.  I'm calling it a split panel card. I've no idea if thats the right name but it's the one I'm going with 😁. I am of course using the Playing in the Rain stamps and dies. But I'm  also using some of the pattern paper that coordinates with the stamps. Called Rain or shine it is bright and crisp and you can use the dies to cut characters from the paper !!

Rain and shine stampin up

So with stamps, dies and paper in hand I knew I need a card to showcase it all!! So this is what I came up with.

Playing in the Rain stampin up split panel card

It starts as a standard A6 tent fold card and I cut 7.5cm off the front. I then trimmed the excess I cut off to a strip 10.5cm x 2.5cm. I then took a piece of acetate measuring 7cm x 10.5cm. 
The acetate works as the window panel that hold the card front together.  I decided to emboss the acetate using a folder called raindrops  now sadly it doesn't show up well on the photos but in real life it's lovely.

Playing in the Rain stampin up split panel card

I covered the 2 front panels and the inside of the card in pattern papers. They're just too nice not to use!
I also cut a white panel and stamped and coloured it for a space to write a message on.

Playing in the Rain stampin up split panel card

I added a bow with a little flower attatched to the bunny and a sentiment with a yellow brolly on it to the card front and I was done.

Playing in the Rain stampin up split panel card


No comments:

Post a Comment