Monday 30 January 2023

Make it simple Monday Playing in the Rain

 Hello and welcome. Sometimes it's hard to decide what to showcase in my posts. So on Saturday just gone at a class Gill and I were hosting I asked the lovely crafters what would they lile me to play with. After some discussion they decided they'd like to see a weeks worth of inspiration using the Playing in the Rain stamps, dies and pattern paper.

Now I have to say that this set didn't jump out at me when I first saw the mini catalogue that it's from. I  don't really know why but hey why do we like  one thing but not another 🤷 ? Anyway back to the job in hand....

Playing in the Rain stampin up simple stamping easy card making

The set is a mix of images and sentiments. The images are great for colouring in. With that in mind I have 3 #simplestamping cards to share. I have used my watercolour pencils to colour the critters in.

The first card features the rabbit....

Playing in the Rain stampin up simple stamping easy card making

Keeping it simple doesn't mean you can't be bold. The bright yellow of the rabbit's raincoat and umbrella sure do pop 💛 
For card number two I used the turtle...or is it a tortoise?  

Playing in the Rain stampin up simple stamping easy card making

Whatever he is I coloured his shell green! I must say this set has some really nice dodad stamps . Dodad stamps are what I call the supporting stamps in a set. Like the clouds, raindrops and flowers in this one.
For my final card I had to share the fox image.

Playing in the Rain stampin up simple stamping easy card making

This dapper fellow has a coordinating hat and raincoat in bright blue to help brighten the rainy weather he's experiencing. 
So there you have it the first of 5 projects showcaseing the Playing in the Rain stamps.  Who is your favourite?  

Playing in the Rain stampin up simple stamping easy card making


No comments:

Post a Comment