Wednesday 4 January 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Two-tone Flora

 I'm calling today's inspiration a watercolour background tequnique ... not sure if it really is but that's  what I'm  calling it!! 🤣 I am of course using the fantastic Two-tone Flora stamps but in a slightly different way.

It all starts with a piece of watercolour paper,  a spritzer filled with water, kitchen roll, stamps and ink. I started by liberally spritzing the watercolour paper with water. I also spritzed the reverse a little as it helps to stop the buckleing. 

I then ink up the infill stamp, these are a solid image, and stamp them onto the wet paper. The ink will disperse and spread but don't panic it'll all work out right in the end promise! 

I used 3 different sizes of stamps and 3 different colours of ink.  If the colours don't disperse then spritz with more water . This is how mine looked at this stage.

Two tone flora stampin up fun watercolour background card

Top tip here is to let it dry, if you're inpatient like me a heat tool is very helpful 😉, and then spritz again any parts that you  feel need more ink movement/ coverage . Also in the picture you can see that I work on kitchen roll/ paper this helps mop up the excess mess really easily 😅 

The next step is to take the corresponding highlight stamps and stamp with the same ink over where the infill stamps were stamped. Because the paper is now dry the stamps and ink act as normal.

Two tone flora stampin up fun watercolour background card

This technique could work with so many stamps and is a great way to extend your stash!

Here's the finished card...

Two tone flora stampin up fun watercolour background card

I used a fabulous sentiment from the Something Fancy stamp set and heat embossed it using white embossing powder. The sentiment just make me giggle 😅


Two tone flora stampin up fun watercolour background card

A scattering of iridescent pearls to finish it off and my card was complete. I love the way this turned out. It definitely has a tie-dye feel to it with the colour palette I used don't  you think? But it would work with a gentler colour palette I'm sure.

Two tone flora stampin up fun watercolour background card



No comments:

Post a Comment