Monday 2 January 2023

Make it simple Monday Two-Tone Flora

 Hello and welcome to my first post of 2023. This week I'll be sharing inspiration using a suite from the Stampin' Up! January to April mini catalogue . The catalogue goes live on Thursday the 5th of January.  (If you'd like to see one and live in the UK we'd love to be your demonstrators) The suite I've chosen on page 15 and the suite is called Fancy Flora. 

For my first card I've just used the stamps. There are 2 stamp sets in the suite. The first set is a 2 step photopolymer image only set called Two-tone Flora. 

Two tone flora stampin up simple stamping one lay card

The second set is a cling mount sentiment only set called Something Fancy. 

Two tone flora stampin up simple stamping one lay card

My inspiration for today is a SIP card.  It uses just Stamps, Ink and Paper. I used a basic white card base. I chose a colour palette of a soft pink called flirty flamingo,  a pretty orange colour called pale papaya and a pretty green called pear pizzazz. 

2 step stamping is  where you have an infill stamp and a highlight stamp. They work together to create a single image.  For my card today I stamped the infill stamps with a second impression of the colour. To do this all you need to do is ink your stamp and stamp it first onto a piece of scrap paper.  Then stamp the image onto your work without reinking it. 

The effect that generational stamping has is to give a lighter shade of the colour. This combined with stamping the highlight stamp full strength on top give a beautiful effect.


The second set is a cling mount sentiment only set called Something Fancy.

I used a colour called basic grey for the sentiment as I thought that black would be too harsh for this soft and delicate card.

The second set is a cling mount sentiment only set called Something Fancy.

The stamps in the Two-tone Flora set are soo pretty and I am so inspired by them. There are lots of ideas buzzing around in my head! But for now this is my first project.

The second set is a cling mount sentiment only set called Something Fancy.



12 comments: