Tuesday 17 January 2023

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Warm Welcome

 Yesterday I shared projects using the uber cute Warm Welcome stamp set that were crisp and clean. Today's inspiration has a very different look and feel to it. 

I have kept the colour palette monochromatic with a kraft colour called crumb cake and white.  I like the simplicity of monochromatic colour schemes. And this one is a favourite of mine.

Warm welcome stampin up tone on tone welcom baby no gendered card

My top tip for working with a very limited colour palette is to add texture.  For this card I used the heart die from the dies that are a part of  Warm welcome bundle . 
I die cut them from the same cardstock as the cardstock I used for the card base and coloured mat . I then adhered them randomly over part of the coloured mat.
I then heat embossed the sentiment on to cardstock and the cute row of shoes onto vellum in white.

Warm welcome stampin up tone on tone welcom baby no gendered card

The white speckles you can see are made using white reinker mixed with a drop of water. Then take a water painter dip it in the liquid and tap the brush to splatter the ink over the project.
Now like any crafter worth their salt I couldn't waste the spare die cut hearts! I used them to decorate the inside of my card.

Warm welcome stampin up tone on tone welcom baby no gendered card

I am very happy with how this card came together.  I think is a great colour palette for a non gender specific new baby card. What do you think ?

Warm welcome stampin up tone on tone welcom baby no gendered card


No comments:

Post a Comment