Wednesday 25 January 2023

Watercolour Wednesday - Happiness Abounds

The last few weeks here in England, we have had some very cold weather so I am now officially fed up with the cold so I made a very warm watercolour card. Using 5 re-inkers and a few baby wipes folded together and placed over the edge of a ruler, I added a few drops of reinker along the fold. I joined and overlapped the colours so that there were no gaps and then wiped the baby wipes and ink across the card mat. Then using the Happiness Abounds stamps and a Versamark ink pad, I stamped the 4 different flowers across the inked and dry mat.

Following that, I poured the white embossing powder all over and tipped the rest back into the pot. The mat was then heat set using my heat tool. I went on to die cut the large flower from the Artistic Dies out of plain white card and added a sentiment to finish the front. 

On the inside, I cut a mat slightly smaller than the usual size and added the cut offs from the front of the card all around the edge of the mat. A sentiment from the Happiness Abounds and a fussy cut flower from the Hues of Happiness DSP to complete it. 

I found this technique of water colouring on Jennifer McGuire Ink on her you tube channel. Please go and look as it's a brilliant technique. I have also added pictures of some of the other mats that I made.









No comments:

Post a Comment