Friday 22 September 2023

Fun Fold Friday - Designer Series Paper - Traditions of St Nick DSp - Merriest Trees

 Well, it's Friday once again and today's card is another of my favourites. I haven't made it for about a year so I have really enjoyed making it again. I started with a 10.5cm wide piece of card by 29.7cm long and scored it at 14.85cm. I marked the centre point on the centre fold and pencilled a small mark 7.5cm down on all 4 sides from the centre fold. Starting at the centre pencil mark, I scored down to all 4 of the 7.5cm marks and then again to the 4 corners of the card. The DSP I used today is the Traditions of St. Nick DSP and Silver and Gold Adhesive Glimmer Paper. The stamp set is Merriest Trees

The piece of card in Imperial measurements is actually half a sheet of A4 card lengthwise. In the UK, that would be 8,1/4" by 11,3/4" that would mean that the piece of card will be 4,1/8" by 11,3/4" and scored at 5,7/8". The pencil marks on the sides will therefore be at 3".You will need another piece of card measuring 6cm by 10.5cm. score 1cm on both of the long sides and another along the centre of the length. Fold this on both of the 1cm measurements in a valley fold and the centre one, fold as a mountain fold. These 1cm folds attach to the inside of the card base on each side providing you with the stand. To prevent it showing along the outside, trim the centre of the stand into a V shape.

TRADITIONS OF ST. NICK 12" X 12" (30.5 X 30.5 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER




The folds are as written on the diagram, the 7.5cm score lines are all valley folds and the ones to the corners are all mountain folds. When you go to fold the edges in, start by folding the 7.5cm ones first. Push those in but not the top, centre edge. Burnish all of the folds really well.


 
Above, the cutting and scoring chart and Below is the sample card where you can see how the folds go into the centre. I added the DSP to the front and Gold glimmer paper to the inside folds. I also made a star from a scrap too. I fussy cut a Santa from the Traditions of St Nick DSP


 

That's it from me for the week. Cary and I are holding our 1st Christmas class of the Season tomorrow so it's an early start in the morning. 

Thank you so much for joining me this week and I hope that you have been inspire in some way to make your own projects. 

Until I get back, as always, STAY WELL, KEEP SAFE but as always....

KEEP ON CRAFTING. 

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ xxx Gill xxx ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
 

No comments:

Post a Comment