Wednesday 27 September 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Merriest Trees

 Well so far this week I've  shared cards that have quite soft, if nontraditional,  colour palettes. But for today's card I wanted to switch it all up and use the tequnique I shared in a video last week. I am of course using the fun Merriest Trees stamps and dies.

So let's start with the splash technique video


So once I'd made a mess and created a background for my card I set it to dry. For this card I used watercolour paper as I wanted the texture that fluid 100 paper gives.

I then took another piece of watercolour paper and die cutbout all 5 layers of the tree. The dies that coordinate with the Merriest Trees stamp set are just fab 👌 

Merriest Trees stampin up rainbow watercolour splash Christmas card

So once I'd  die cut out the layers I used the left over ink to colour the different layers.

Now my colour palette was inspired by my wonderful grandson.  He is 5 and 3/4 and has always loved rainbows 🌈 sooooo I present to you my rainbow Christmas tree card..

Merriest Trees stampin up rainbow watercolour splash Christmas card

I had to use some of the left over pieces of the background to add a little interest to the inside of my card.

Merriest Trees stampin up rainbow watercolour splash Christmas card

So what do you think? I know it's a bit of a a marmite concept... you'll either love it or hate it! ( for those who don't know Marmite is an umami yeast extract spread that is very popular here in the UK... and I love it 😋)

Merriest Trees stampin up rainbow watercolour splash Christmas card



No comments:

Post a Comment