Monday 11 September 2023

Make it simple Monday Curved Occasion

 Hello 👋  and welcome to the first of my blogs this week. I hope you're all keeping well. I'm  melting due to the unexpected heatwave we're experiencing in my part of the UK 🫠 . The weather is supposed to get a little more manageable after today although it does include the prospect of rain 🌧 can't satisfy us can she mother nature 🤣. Anyway back to the crafting.  This week I'm  using a stamp set from the new September to December mini catalogue from Stampin' Up!. Called Curved Occasions

Curved Occasions stampin up simple stampiing easy birthday card

This is a super fun stamp set made in photopolymer.  Which means that the stamps are see-through perfect lining things up easily.

 They are also perfect for slightly curving a sentiment to fit the space you want it to fit! Which is exactly what it I did for today's card!.

As you can see above some of the sentiments are already curved which is great. But I bent mine a little more to fit the circle shape that I wanted. 

I started by drawing, with a pencil, around a circular object. I then carefully curved the happy birthday sentiment to fit my circle. Then I stamped it using the circle pencil mark as a guide.

My circle was only big enough for 2 full sentiments but I filled the gaps by only inking the word happy. With a photopolymer stamp this is super easy as you can see where the ink goes before stamping and can clean off any excess super easily.

Curved Occasions stampin up simple stampiing easy birthday card


Once I was sure the ink was dry I erased the pencil lines and stamped the cute cake imahe in the center.

Curved Occasions stampin up simple stampiing easy birthday card

I used coloured pencils to add some colour to the stamped image and my #simplestamping card was made!
A quick and easily achieved birthday card to start this week off.

Curved Occasions stampin up simple stampiing easy birthday card



No comments:

Post a Comment