Friday 29 December 2023

Fun Fold Friday - Detailed Dogwood

Hello again and here we are on the 2nd and last day of this week. Once again I am so sorry for the lack of posts this week and I am positive that Cary will be more than efficient than me in making projects for next week, even though it is New Year. My fun fold card for today is again using the Detailed Dogwood and I mixed it this time with the sentiments from the NEW stamp set called Heartfelt Hexagon. Yet another lovely stamp set again!

This one is a triple folded card that I have seen around on different sites by different designers. I started with a piece of Basic white thick card which was 25cm by 10.5cm (9,3/4" by 4,1/4"). Along the long back edge, I scored at 2.5cm, 5cm, 7.5cm and 10cm then using a pencil I scored a line to the first scored line from the left hand edge to 2cm along this first line. 

2cm in from the right hand-edge I scored a short line from the 2nd score line to the 3rd line.  The 3rd score line at 2cm from the right hand edge this time. See the picture below. I then cut a straight line between the pencil mark and the next scored line. I then have 2 short, straight lines that cross the original score lines. Starting at the right hand opening edge this time cut the first straight line as I have done on my card and then diagonally up to the next short straight line. Now cut a straight line then a diagonal line between the final 2 score marks. This will then form the backs for the mats to the fronts of each panel.  Fold the 4 edges in starting with a valley, then mountain, valley and mountain again. Use a bone folder to burnish each of the folds.

                            

Choose the colours of your mats and cut them from back to front at 

10cm by 14.4cm (Back of card) 

12cm by 9cm (inside)

7cm by 10cm (front)

I used Lost Lagoon card and pieces of DSP from the Snowflake Magic 12" x 12" Speciality papers.



The flowers were all from the Detailed Dogwood stamp set and I used Bubble Bath pink, Lost Lagoon. Smoky Slate for the images and Lemon Lolly for the yellow.

 

Overhead view

 

 

That's it for me for this week. Have a truly magical and Happy New Year but as always.....

Take care, Stay safe and obviously 

😍 😍 xx KEEP ON CRAFTING! xx 😍 😍 

No comments:

Post a Comment