Wednesday 6 December 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Yeae to Celebrate

 Today I'm sharing a card inspired by bubbles! Don't you just love their ethereal beauty ✨️ I love the way they change colour and shimmer in the air. And I think they have a great party vibe! So I took the Year to Celebrate stamps and the circle pattern embossing folder from the Cheery Patterns duo pack and created a fun gift card holder. 

Cheery patterns stampin up fun watercolour gift card holder

So what did I do with these goodies? Well it started with a piece of white cardstock that I embossed with the circles. I then took my waterpainter and inks and added simple colour washes inside the embossed circles. I chose a light and airy colour palette of pink, blue and yellow.  Once Iddone a single layer of colour I let it dry before going back on to add more colour.

I then took my clear wink of stella to add a delicate shimmer to the bubbles. Now my photos really don't do them justice.  The shimmer in real life is sooo pretty  ✨️. If you have any tips on how to capture the shimmer in a photo please let me know below .

Year to celebrate stampin up watercolour bubbles gift card holder

I decorated the front of the card by stamping and fussy cutting a party blower. I then die cut a diamond shape from a piece of vellum and adhered the party blower and sentiment to it. The vellum layer helps diffuse the background so that the blower and sentiment stand out as they are stamped using the same colours  

Year to celebrate stampin up watercolour bubbles gift card holder

As it's a gift card holder I added a simple strip of card along the bottom of the inside of the card. I stamped on the inside of thevcard before adhering the stip. This way the card still looks like a card when the gift card is removed.

Year to celebrate stampin up watercolour bubbles gift card holder

I created a simple insert for the gift card to be adhered to using a simple glue dot.

Year to celebrate stampin up watercolour bubbles gift card holder

I hope you're enjoying this little series of gift card holders.


No comments:

Post a Comment