Thursday 7 December 2023

This or That Thursday Year to Celebrate

 Can you believe it's Thursday already? Or that the year is running out so fast? Time just flies so much faster as you get older I've decided 😜 . With time at such a premium I wanted to create a super quick gift card holder for today. I have used the fun Year to Celebrate stamps. I have also used one of my favourite papers of the year called Merry Bold & Bright.  Sadly it is nolonger available as it sold out! Which I'm not surprised by because it's fantastic! 

It doesn't matter what pattern paper you use just use any from your stash that works for you. It all starts with a piece of pattern paper measuring 23.5cm x 18.5cm (9 1/4" x 3 1/2"). The score it at 8cm and 18.5cm (3 1/8" and 7 1/4")

Then fold th 2 outer panels over the center with the shorter one ontop. This creates a simple envelope . Adhere the bottom panel to the middle just along the outside edges to create a pocket. I then used my Basic Borders dies along the edge of the other panel.

My first sample is made using one of the spotty papers. . .

Year to celebrate stampin up gift card holder envelope simple easy

My second was with bold stripes. . .

Year to celebrate stampin up gift card holder envelope simple easy

I used a simple ribbon tied around to secure the envelope and added a sentiment onto a white tag. I like the font on this sentiment. The Year to Celebrate stamp set has some great fonts as well as images.
For the gift card I cut 2 pieces of cardstock.  The coloured one measuring 6.5cm x 9.5cm (2 5/8" x 3 3/4") and the white 6cm x 9cm (2 3/8" x 3 9/16") I added a little tab of ribbon betwen the 2 layers.

Year to celebrate stampin up gift card holder envelope simple easy

I stamped on the white panels just for fun. The gift card would be attatched with a small glue dot so that it's easy to remove. This panel would also give you somewhere to write your message to the recipient.

Year to celebrate stampin up gift card holder envelope simple easy

I love both of these gift card holders but cant decide if I like the spots or the strips more 🤔 What about you? Are you team spots? Or team stripes? Comment below.

Year to celebrate stampin up gift card holder envelope simple easy

Here's  a short video of how the gift card holder comes together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment