Thursday 21 December 2023

This or That Thursday Light the Sky

 Today's cards are inspired by my eldest daughter.  When she was just 2 the Seoul Olympics took place. She watched in wonder at the beautiful fireworks at the opening and closing ceremonies.  She was enchanted by what she called the "fire flowers" 🎆🎇. So for today's inspiration I've used the Light the Sky stamps to create flowers.

I started out by stamping my "flowers" onto a plain white mat. After using lots of bold colours this week I decided to use a subtler palette for my first card. After stamping onto the mat I also stamped onto a piece of scrap cardstock one of the flowers. 

I used the Coordinating light the sky dies to cut this single flower out. I then embossed the stamped panel with an embossing folder called distressed tile 3d.  

I then added a small mat of green cardstock behind the panel and added a sparkley ribbon bow and some shiny sequins and the card front was done.

Light the sky stampin up alternative uses card

Now I  just had to make a bolder version using stronger shades of the same pinks and greens.

Light the sky stampin up alternative uses card

I also couldn't let the insides get left out so stamped,  matted and layered and adhered them to the inside of the cards. 

Light the sky stampin up alternative uses card

So now I am in a quandary which do I prefer? The soft gentle version? Or the bolder one?
Which do you prefer? 🤔 

Light the sky stampin up alternative uses card


No comments:

Post a Comment