Friday 27 October 2023

Fun fold friday Joy of Christmas Stamped With Love Saint Nicholas Brightest Glow

 Happy Friday 😁 who's up for a great weekend? Me... I'll  be having a very busy fun filled one with my 5 year old grandson. So you know it's gonna get crazy 🤪 . He's such a joy and keeps me young 🤣. 

So for my final card I've gone with a traditional red and green colour palette using the Joy of Christmas pattern paper as my starting point.

Joy of Christmas stampin up



I've used not 2 but 3 stamp sets! Crazy right? 2 are from my stash and 1 is a newly acquired one.  The 2 from my stash are Brightest Glow and Stamped with Love. The stamped with live set isn't even a Christmas set but the post box image sparked my imagination.  The post box works really well with the sentiment in the new set called Saint Nicholas.


Christmas card fun fold stampin up

So lets get on with the card. It starts life as 3 pieces of cardstock.  The first piece measures 14.85cm x 10.5cm.  The second is 14.85cm x 7cm. I then decorated these 2 panels with pattern paper.
The 3rd piece of cardstock measures 21cm x 10.5cm. Score this at 7cm and 14cm.  Now fold the panel from the left towards the right with the 1st scoreline becoming a mountain fold. The second line is the folded as a valley fold.  
When folded together place it in the middle of the  larger piece. Adhere the panel . Next decorate the top facing panel keeping in mind that most of the panel will be hidden by the 2nd piece.
Once decorated adhere the second panel over the center panel.

Christmas card traditional red and green postbox stampin up fun fold

Christmas card traditional red and green postbox stampin up fun fold

I then added white panels and stamped a sentiment and fussy cut out some extra envelopes. 

Christmas card traditional red and green postbox stampin up fun fold
 
You could write a message to the recipient on the white panels or you can add a panel on the reverse of the card.

Christmas card traditional red and green postbox stampin up fun fold

I hope you've enjoyed this weeks inspiration mixing and matching old and new stamps and papers.
Next week Gill will be sharing her creations so please join us here.
Have a great weekend and remember
Have Fun!
Cary xx

Christmas card traditional red and green postbox stampin up fun fold



No comments:

Post a Comment