Monday 23 October 2023

Make it simple Monday Christmas Classics and Brightest Glow.

 Hello and welcome to another week of inspiration with Cary. This week I'll be sharing projects that feature both new and old products.  We all love the new goodies when they come out but sometimes its a good idea to not forget what we already have in our stash. So this week is all about mixing and matching!

I'm starting off with one of my all time favourite sentiment sets called Brightest Glow. Although this set has been around a few years the sentiments are just the ones I keep coming back to. The font and size work so well for me 

Brightest Glow stampin up Christmas card

The second set I was drawn too is a new one that features lovely sentiments and some really useful images. I decided that the images in the Christmas Classics would work amazingly with my choice of sentiment .

Christmas classics stampin up Christmas card

As it's #makeitsimplemonday I have just used stamps, ink and paper. I started by stamping my sentiment in the center of my card front. I then took a sticky note and covered it up!

I then stamped the sprig and holly leaves all around making sure that they went over the sticky note. I then took the berry stamp and stamped that too.

Buy covering the sentiment and stamping around and over the note you create a frame for your sentiment.

Simple christmas one layer sip card

To highlight the frame area I used another of the stamps from the Christmas Classics set. After covering the foliage with sticky notes I stamped the image repeatedly to create a frame.
I enjoyed making the card so much I made another version!  This time with a slightly different colour combo.

Simple christmas one layer sip card

This is a fun technique that is super easy and perfect for those who are just starting their stamping journeys,  those who need a card in a hurry and those who need to make lots of cards at a time. No 2 will ever be exactly the same but they will all look gorgeous 😍 

No comments:

Post a Comment