Friday 13 October 2023

Fun fold Friday Merry & Bright

 Wow that week went by in a flash ! So here I am on the final post of my week using the amazing Merry and Bright stamps and all the coordinating goodies in the Merry Bold & Bright suite. I have to say I've had a whole lot of fun playing with these items. They have really sparked my creativity.  

So as always the final sample of the week is a fun fold one . I've chosen to create a modified cascade card. I chose this as there's lot's of space to show off the amazing papers from the suite. 

Now there are plenty of tutorials around for this style of card in imperial measurements. But metric measurements I couldn't find to fit a standard C6 envelope.  So I had to play papercrafting engineer and create my own.

Here is my version of the card. It all starts with 2 pieces of cardstock that  measure 14.85cm x 21cm.  The first piece will become the card base. It's a gatefold card so you score the cardstock at 5.25cm in from each end of the long side.

Next take the second piece of cardstock and score at 5cm, 10cm and 15cm. Then mark at 2.5cm down from the top left-hand corner and up from the bottom right-hand corner. Now cut between these to marks. This creates the 2 parts for the cascade section of the card. Finally find and mark the center of the 1st and 3rd  scorlines. 

On one piece you will cut up from the bottom along the scorelines to the marks. On the other you need to cut down from the top on the scoreline to the mark. These cuts allow th pieces to be slotted together.

Gatefold cascade card metric version

Now to slot the 2 pieces together. Slot the 2 largest panels together ..

Gatefold cascade card metric version
 
Then the 2 smallest pieces and use a bone folder to reinforce the scorelines. 

Gatefold cascade card metric version

It will stand all by itself and pop open and colsed with ease.

Now the fun of decorating begins ☺️ Of course I have used the gorgeous Merry Bold and Bright pattern papers.

Merry and bright stampin up cascade Christmas card

I stamped and die cut the bulbs for the front element then mounted them onto a circle of card. I then ran a strip of cardstock and a lengof ribbon around the card to create a faux belly band effect. I adhered the circle on the left-hand side so that it covered the center opening of the card but didn't seal it. I used the ribbon to hold it closed.

Merry and bright stampin up cascade Christmas card

I added a panel to the back to secure the ribbon and give you somewhere to write a message.


Merry and bright stampin up cascade Christmas card

Once open the center cascading part of the card pops out with its sentiment in place. You can add all kinds of decorations here but I chose to keep it simple and let the fabulous paper do the work.

Merry and bright stampin up cascade Christmas card


Well that's all from me for this week Gill will be sharing her creations with us all next week so don't forget to drop by for more papercrafting inspiration. 
Have a great weekend whatever you have planned. I have my 5 year old grandson so it's gonna get crazy for sure 😜 
Have fun
Cary xx


No comments:

Post a Comment