Wednesday 25 October 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Perched In A Tree and Christmas Classics

 Well the weather has certainly matched the theme for today... water...colour everywhere! But the water here is at least bright and cheerful 😊.  The mix and match today is not just stamps but dies and embossing folders as well! The stamps are from the Perched in a tree stamp set and the Christmas classics stamp set.

Perched in a tree and Christmas classics stampin up
 The die I've used is from the Christmas pinecone set and the embossing folder I've used is the Snowflake Sky one.

Christmas pinecone dies snowflake sky embossing folder stampin up

Again I've  mixed and match latest release and well loved items from my stash.

But the cards all start with a wonderfully vibrant and fun watercolour background. Starting with a piece of Fluid 100 watercolour paper which I spritzed liberally with water. I then added splodges of 3 shades of green on to the wet paper and watched them swirl and move around the paper.

Watercolour Christmas card stampin up

As you can see it is a wet one! 🤣 so please make sure your area is well covered and you have plenty of kitchen roll to hand to mop up with!
I then dried the piece with my heat tool and went back in to add more colour . 

Watercolour Christmas card stampin up

This time I did leave the piece to dry naturally.  In fact I left it overnight to dry completely.  The reason for this is that I knew I wanted to use quite an intricate die with it that would tear the wet fibers if used too soon.


Watercolour Christmas card stampin up

I kept the cardbase and mat crisp white. I used the Snowflake Sky ❄️ embossing folder for the mat which I attatched the die cut foliage panel to.
I stamped and coloured my robin then fussy cut him out. The sentiment and robin were adhered with 3d foam.
I used a scrap of the watercolour panel to help decorate the inside of the card.

Watercolour Christmas card stampin up

As I was tidying up I looked at the remains of the watercolour panel and thought that's too good to waste and whipped up a second card!

Watercolour Christmas card stampin up

Got to love a 2-4-1 😃...

All I added was a simple white mat that I stamped onto and done!

Watercolour Christmas card stampin up


No comments:

Post a Comment