Monday 9 October 2023

Make it simple Monday Merry and Bright

 Did You have a good weekend? Did you do anything for World Cardmaking Day on Saturday?  We did, we held a charity event to raise some money and create christmas cards to give to our local foodbank. We raised £200 and made 110 cards ! Gill and I are always in awe of the amazing crafting community we are so lucky to be a part of.

For my samples this week I've chosen a stamp set which has coordinating dies, an uber fun  coordinating  pattern paper, self adhesive sparkly dots and an iridescent white ribbon 😀 Called The Merry Bold and Bright Suite its so vibrant and fun I just couldn't resist it 😄 

Merry bold bright suite stampin up simple stamping card

For today's #makeitsimplemonday inspiration I've used just stamps, inks and paper. I love the bold images and decided to kick the week of with the rounded bulb from the stamp set.

Merry and bright stampin up simple easy stamping Christmas card

The colour palette I choae was inspired by the colours in the pattern paper but slightly adjusted . I chose a light turquoise and 2 shades of pink for the bulbs and a smoky grey for the string and caps . 

Merry and bright stampin up simple easy stamping Christmas card

I drew a feint pencil line around a circle I had on my craft desk to use as a guide for placing my bulbs. 
I used the oh, what fun! Sentiment from the set but covered parts of the stamp befor inking so that I could stagger the sentiment into the circle vertically rather than horizontally .
I then took a grey marker pen and drew in the lights cord before rubbing my pencil marks out.

Merry and bright stampin up simple easy stamping Christmas card

I'm really pleased with this card it makes me smile with its bright bold colours and clean looks.

Please popback tomorrow for more using this great set.

No comments:

Post a Comment