Wednesday 11 October 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Merry and Bright

 Now what makes a project a watercolour one? Does it mean that you have to paint with watercolour paint? Colour in with watercolour pencils then blend with water? Or create amazing beautiful wash backgrounds?  Well my definition for today is simply adding water to ink to create a unique piece of paper. Add into the mix the fab dies from the Merry & Bright bundle and I have a card that I think is both elegant and fun.

It all starts with a piece of white cardstock which I blended  3 shades of blue ink onto. 

Merry and bright stampin up watercolour elegant fun Christmas card

I think shades of blue for Christmas are contemporary but still elegant. 
Once the mat covered I splattered water all over it with my spritzer.  I had my handy dandy kitchen roll on hand to quickly mop up the water. Then repeated the process till I was happy. 

Merry and bright stampin up watercolour elegant fun Christmas card

Once the piece was properly dry I die cut 5 of the globe bulbs from the die set out of the paper.
I also used some of the amazing Silver adhesive backed glimmer paper to die cut the caps and wire for the bulbs. This super glimmer paper is perfect for those delicate fiddely die cut pieces as there's need to add any glue! Oh and there is gold glimmer in the pack too 😉
 

Merry and bright stampin up watercolour elegant fun Christmas card

I love the way the bulbs look  a little like night skys with stars in ⭐️. I  like the clean look . I added texture to the white background mat. But one thing I didn't add was a sentiment... to the front... 

So I decorated the inside amd placed it there 😉


The card size isn't my regular C6 it's  a DL,  a long slim card.
Do you have a favourite card size ?



No comments:

Post a Comment